I-BMW.com I-BMW.com

Welcome to the I-BMW.com forums! - You're currently viewing as a limited access guest. By joining our free member supported community, you'll gain access to post/ reply, communicate privately with other members (PM), or globally via "real time chat", respond to polls, upload photos, post classifieds etc. Membership is fast so, Register @ the Ultimate Sport Touring Portal!
Should you not receive an email with activation link, check your SPAM settings or please contact us and include the ID/ email address you registered with.

Go Back   I-BMW.com > Alternate bikes > BMW F-Series
User Name
Password
Home Register Gallery Classifieds FAQ Members List Calendar Donate Mark Forums Read

BMW F-Series Discussions of the Twins

Vendor Sign Up | Want to see your name in neon blue? | Want a neat reflective sticker for your ride?!

Old 08-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Site Contributor
Thanked 1,365 Times in 851 Posts

F800 GS to provide armed mobility response for London police

Quote:
With the threat of a terrorist attack in London rated as ‘severe’, the city’s police force has selected the 2016 BMW Motorrad F800 GS to improve its response time for such incidents. Members of a special counter-terrorist armed force will ride pillion on an F800 GS ridden by a rider from the police motorised division.

http://paultan.org/2016/08/04/2016-b...london-police/
Old 08-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Site Contributor

Re: F800 GS to provide armed mobility response for London police

Makes total sense.
2005 Ducati 999-The I-talian Mistress-sold but missed
2004 KGT, Gen 1, Orient Blue
Old 08-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,416 Posts

Thanks Lar

Excellent!

And IMO is the logical consequence because the F800 becomes more popular day by day to on off bike, and not so heavy/tall as the GS1200
Old 04-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Well you can bet they will be responding after the fact and blaming the victim. And of course the mayor of London says there is no reason for anyone in London to carry a knife.

(Knife attacks are way up in London these days.)

https://www.steynonline.com/8559/an-...roportionately

The second story concerned a 78-year-old pensioner (in Britspeak) arrested on suspicion of murder after fatally stabbing a burglar who'd broken into his home. Even a so-called conservative publication, The Spectator, fretted that it was awfully unfair to the deceased, as there might have been a perfectly innocent explanation as to why he was lurking in another man's house.

Shortly before the attack, she'd been reading about Tony Martin, a Norfolk farmer whose home had been broken into and who had responded by shooting and killing the teenage burglar. He was charged with murder. In April, he was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment–for defending himself against a career criminal in an area where the police are far away and reluctant to have their sleep disturbed.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill
2007 K1200GT
2001 R1150GS (gone) need another
Old 04-14-2018, 03:26 PM
(Moderator) Tries to be slick but fails
Thanked 1,208 Times in 552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtnek
Well you can bet they will be responding after the fact and blaming the victim. And of course the mayor of London says there is no reason for anyone in London to carry a knife.

(Knife attacks are way up in London these days.)

https://www.steynonline.com/8559/an-...roportionately

The second story concerned a 78-year-old pensioner (in Britspeak) arrested on suspicion of murder after fatally stabbing a burglar who'd broken into his home. Even a so-called conservative publication, The Spectator, fretted that it was awfully unfair to the deceased, as there might have been a perfectly innocent explanation as to why he was lurking in another man's house.

Shortly before the attack, she'd been reading about Tony Martin, a Norfolk farmer whose home had been broken into and who had responded by shooting and killing the teenage burglar. He was charged with murder. In April, he was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment–for defending himself against a career criminal in an area where the police are far away and reluctant to have their sleep disturbed.

Not quite accurate. Tony Martin's problem was that he shot the dead guy in the back and didn't have a licence for his shotgun, and he had a history - his shotgun licence had been revoked for shooting at a vehicle. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_%28farmer%29

As for the scumbag who attempted to burglarise the 78 year old pensioner's house, there is enough on that matter on a separate thread: http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=62419